- Online documents collections using vault
- Verification & submission of documents with TAN authority
- Delivery of TAN Certificate within 7 business days
Who Should Buy
- Every individual or entity that requires to deduct tax at source while making certain payments like salary, payments to contractor or payment of rent exceeding Rs.1,80,000 per year etc.
- Non profit organizations making specific payments above threshold limit
- Branches of businesses making specified payments above the threshold limits
- Individuals who are salaried are not required to obtain TAN or deduct tax at source.
Documents To Be Submitted
- Legal document
- Passport size photo
- Address proof of registered office
- PAN of the company
- TAN Application Form
In India, a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued to persons who are required to deduct or collect tax on payments made by them under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. The number is used in all TDS/TCS returns, TDS/TCS payment challans and all TDS/TCS Certificates.
TAN card gets delivered usually within 7-15 business days. The decision however solely depends upon the Issuing Authority of Govt of India. Zeal shall provide you with the tracking details once application is submitted.
It is mandatory for all assessees to quote TAN who are required to deduct TDS on payments made. The TAN number has to be quoted in all the communications with tax department failing which may attract a penalty of Rs. 10,000/-. The banks also don’t entertain TDS payments and TDS returns if the TAN number is not quoted.
No. TAN which was allotted for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) can be used for the purpose of TCS. However, if no TAN has been allotted, apply for TAN registration.
A TAN is issued with lifetime validity and doesn’t need to be renewed. However, if there are changes in the details submitted during the application for TAN registration, the same have to be communicated to the Tax Department.